Sunday, September 6, 2009

Humbly In His Service

Every journey has a beginning. All that we endeavor to accomplish has beginning. It's when we envision the possible (and sometimes the impossible) and set our hearts on a goal.

I am beginning this blog as the beginning of my journey. I have set my goal. I have set my resolve. I have opened myself up to God's will and answered his call to humbly serve Him.

I have decided to become a priest.

This words might or not seem provocative to you. Depending on whether or not you are a person of faith and religion I could appear to be anything from a crazy dreamer to someone living in the delusion of a fictitious reality. But if you are a person of faith and you believe that God calls you then you may understand the journey upon which I am about to embark. You will understand the hopes and disappointments, the soul-searching and contemplation that's involved.

This blog is about understanding the journey as it happens. It is about seeing my personal discernment process as I watch God come alive in my heart in an intimate way. But more than anything it is about my reaction, my answer to the call. "Come. Follow me."

If you read this I appreciate your encouragement or your comments. I will try my best to be honest with myself and with you the reader.

It is my sincere desire to be a priest. My journey has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment